Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Why Why Why

Some Guardian clips:

Israeli singer Chava Alberstein performs at the Herbst.

I get 1/5 of the RZA pick.

I just sent it my weekly picks for the Guardian for the week of December 12-18. One is a regular 100-worder for Sunday the 16th for a band named Team Sleep. The other is a 250-word whopper (well, I submitted 280! D'oh!) on writer and advocate Khaled Hosseini. He wrote The Kite Runner and most recently A Thousand Splendid Suns. I got assigned the piece at about 4:30 yesterday. I read the e-mail sometime around 5:45. I bought the book at 6, read for about 40 minutes, ate dinner, read for an hour and a half, went home, dawdled for a couple of hours, then spent 11:30-3:30 finishing the novel. The book was really good. How good? Well, you'll have to read the pick for yourself, next Wednesday. The point is, for the last 14 hours, except for sleep between 7-10AM, I have either been:

1) reading A Thousand Sleeping Suns
2) listening to Team Sleep on YouTube or Myspace
3) writing about Team Sleep
4) writing about Khaled Hosseini.

I really love how writing comes (or doesn't come) together in some weird late night session, but I really hate how it makes me feel afterwards.

No comments: